Wheaton dog recovering from coyote attack
October 5, 2012 (WHEATON, Ill.) (WLS) -- A dog named Evie is recovering after being grabbed by a coyote in the back yard of her owner's home in Wheaton.
Megan Wilt was house-sitting for Linda Arigi at the time of the attack. She let the woman's two dogs out, into the home's fenced yard.
Later, she heard barking and looked out to see a coyote holding Evie's head inside its mouth.
The coyote dropped Evie but the dog suffered puncture wounds.
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill
- Chicago weather: Temps fall by end of week
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 46 min ago
- Concert in Bloomington benefits tornado victims 34 min ago
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery
- Man allegedly assaulted first responders in River North
- Illinois pension battle brewing after law passes
- 911 dispatchers recall Washington IL tornado
- Missing woman's body found in Libertyville
- Todd Stroger not running for Cook Co. Board 40 min ago
- Operation Santa answers kids' letters, delivers hope
- Photos: La Porte County stolen items on display
- abcnews: Meet Wonder Woman: Gal Gadot 19 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
46 min ago
- Concert in Bloomington benefits tornado...
34 min ago