Wheaton dog recovering from coyote attack
October 5, 2012 (WHEATON, Ill.) (WLS) -- A dog named Evie is recovering after being grabbed by a coyote in the back yard of her owner's home in Wheaton.
Megan Wilt was house-sitting for Linda Arigi at the time of the attack. She let the woman's two dogs out, into the home's fenced yard.
Later, she heard barking and looked out to see a coyote holding Evie's head inside its mouth.
The coyote dropped Evie but the dog suffered puncture wounds.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All