Surveillance photos show North Side armed robbery suspects
October 5, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police are warning North Side business owners to be on alert after a string of armed robberies by a group of two to five men.
The suspects enter and take over businesses at gunpoint, according to police. In addition to demanding cash, police say, they have taken cartons of cigarettes and employees' belongings.
A manager of one of the businesses, who wishes to remain anonymous, described the ordeal.
"They were at the door with a gun asking me to open the door... You think of your family and think let's just get them out of here," he said.
This is the second time the store, located in the Lincoln Park neighborhood, has been robbed in less than two years. The store was filled with employees and customers at the time of the robbery. However, no one was injured.
The manager said it took the offenders seconds to get away with an undisclosed amount of cash.
"I believe folks are coming into areas that are more affluent, figuring that is where the money is it at... We are an honest business just trying to serve the public," the manager said.
Police say the robberies all occurred during evening hours.
Incident time and location:
- 2100 block of W. Belmont Ave. on August 21, 2012 at approximately 10:30PM
- 4800 block of N. Broadway on August 24, 2012 at approximately 8:20PM
- 2800 block of N. Ashland Ave. on August 26, 2012 at approximately 8:30PM
- 1600 block of N. Maplewood Ave. on September 02, 2012 at approximately 6:00PM
- 6700 block of N. Ridge Ave. on September 14, 2012 at approximately 6:40PM
- 500 block of W. Diversey Pkwy on September 25, 2012 at approximately 8:30PM
- 1900 block of N. Elston Ave. on September 29, 2012 at approximately 6:00PM
- 4100 block of N. Sheridan Rd. on September 29, 2012 at approximately 6:50 PM
If you have any information contact the Bureau of Detectives - Area North, (312) 744-8263.
local, theresa gutierrez
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle 2 min ago
- Cragin on alert after girl, 15, beaten, sexually assaulted 1 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Mega Millions: 1 ticket worth $1 million sold in Chicago
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd 4 min ago
- Dart: Concealed carry approval process flawed
- Salvation Army feeds families, seniors in need in Chicago
- Consumer Reports: Best and Worst Value Cars
- Submit Your Holiday Lights Photos/Video to ABC7
- abcnews: Dad, Daughter Recreate Wedding Photos
- 7 in :77
5 min ago
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
2 min ago
- Cragin on alert after girl, 15, beaten,...
1 min ago