Female student found tied up Indian Trail Junior High School in Addison | Lockdown after reports of intruder inside
October 5, 2012 (ADDISON, Ill.) (WLS) -- Terrified parents rushed to Addison's Indian Trail Junior High School hoping their children were alright after a student was found tied up in a school bathroom.
Authorities got a 911 call around 9:44 a.m. saying an intruder was inside the west suburban middle school.
The female student was taken to an area hospital while police put the campus on lockdown.
Access to a nearby grade school was also restricted as a precaution.
Several tense hours passed with no one suspicious found in the school building.
"We need to check all the video, and we haven't done that," said Bill Hayden, Addison Police Department. "The investigation is continuing right now ... every sign-in sheet, every video camera, every door is being checked."
So far, investigators have refused to share details about exactly what happened as school administrators tried to reassure parents about safety.
School officials will have counselors on hand on Tuesday; Monday is a holiday.
local, evelyn holmes
- Freezing rain, snow spreads across NW suburbs
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Flossmoor boy, 15, charged with murdering older brother
- Albany Park youth orchestra broadens students' horizons
- 400 tuba players perform at Palmer House Hilton
- Families of murdered children gather at St. Sabina
- Holiday posada offers health insurance help in Pilsen
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking