Female student found tied up Indian Trail Junior High School in Addison | Lockdown after reports of intruder inside
October 5, 2012 (ADDISON, Ill.) (WLS) -- Terrified parents rushed to Addison's Indian Trail Junior High School hoping their children were alright after a student was found tied up in a school bathroom.
Authorities got a 911 call around 9:44 a.m. saying an intruder was inside the west suburban middle school.
The female student was taken to an area hospital while police put the campus on lockdown.
Access to a nearby grade school was also restricted as a precaution.
Several tense hours passed with no one suspicious found in the school building.
"We need to check all the video, and we haven't done that," said Bill Hayden, Addison Police Department. "The investigation is continuing right now ... every sign-in sheet, every video camera, every door is being checked."
So far, investigators have refused to share details about exactly what happened as school administrators tried to reassure parents about safety.
School officials will have counselors on hand on Tuesday; Monday is a holiday.
local, evelyn holmes
- Suspects break into Trump, parachute off building 3 min ago
- Boy, 13, seriously injured in Aurora hit-and-run 50 min ago
- LeBron headband absence could be key for Miami Heat win
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 46 min ago
- Blackhawks beat Bruins 6-5 in OT, tie series 51 min ago
- CPS protesters give up sit-in, school closes for good
- 9 students hospitalized after pepper spray accident
- More than 8 percent of Illinois bridges structurally deficient
- Skokie mosquito tests positive for West Nile virus
- Red Line reconstruction project on time, within budget
- Man convicted with twin faces new sex trafficking charges
- State lawmakers send pension crisis to committee
- Body ID'd as missing UofC student, 20
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
46 min ago
- Blackhawks beat Bruins 6-5 in OT, tie series
51 min ago