Winfield dog died from coyote attack, family says
October 5, 2012 (WINFIELD, Ill.) (WLS) -- A west suburban family has lost a cherished pet to what they say was a coyote attack.
The Bassett family's Yorkshire terrier "Coco" was being walked in their backyard, which is adjacent to the Illinois Prairie Path, when a coyote snatched the dog Wednesday evening.
Leslie Bassett says her 11-year-old son chased the coyote and it released Coco, but the badly injured dog later died at a nearby animal hospital.
Bassett says she has spotted a coyote since that attack and now she is scared to walk the family's two other small dogs.
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 Skokie residents 29 min ago
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Libertyville man, 66, claims attack by hospital security
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Ga lottery winner claims Mega Millions prize
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 Skokie...
29 min ago
- Chicago remembers radio legend Larry Lujack
39 min ago