Winfield dog died from coyote attack, family says
October 5, 2012 (WINFIELD, Ill.) (WLS) -- A west suburban family has lost a cherished pet to what they say was a coyote attack.
The Bassett family's Yorkshire terrier "Coco" was being walked in their backyard, which is adjacent to the Illinois Prairie Path, when a coyote snatched the dog Wednesday evening.
Leslie Bassett says her 11-year-old son chased the coyote and it released Coco, but the badly injured dog later died at a nearby animal hospital.
Bassett says she has spotted a coyote since that attack and now she is scared to walk the family's two other small dogs.
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Illinois Senate approves medical marijuana bill
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Karen Lewis re-elected head of Chicago Teachers Union
- Winning Mega Millions numbers announced
- CTA: Orange Line service resumes
- 4 men charged with murder of Chicago sailor in Bahamas
- New York City commuter trains collide in Connecticut
- Preckwinkle criticizes, questions CPS closures plan
- 2 rescued from capsized boat in Lake Michigan
- Thousands of area debit card users target of phishing calls
- 2 dead in Chicago Heights fire identified
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin