ABC7 remembers photographer Mike Dukewich
October 5, 2012 (SCHAUMBURG, Ill.) (WLS) -- Earlier this week, we told you about the loss of one of our long time photographers, and all around good guy, Mike Dukewich. He died this weekend at the age of 58.
One of his loves was high school football as played by his son, Clay.
Tonight, Clay, number 76 for Fremd High School, played at Schaumburg. Clay's teammates put his dad's initials on their helmets and mom, Christy, was in the crowd.
In a storybook ending, Fremd would have won and Clay would have had a hand in the winning score. It didn't happen that way because sometimes life doesn't happen that way.
What did happen is what Mike Dukewich loved. The competition and camaraderie of high school football and watching his son on a Friday night under the lights. Every Monday, we would get a report on how clay and his team did.
Tonight, they did just fine.
- Oklahoma tornado death toll in Moore at 24 43 min ago
- Florida man pleads guilty in Bears fan death 21 min ago
- Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area 1 min ago
- ID sought for woman's body burned in Avondale Dumpster
- Trial begins in Burger King manager's 2006 murder 6 min ago
- 2 charged in Markham man's murder
- 3 vehicles involved in Oswego head-on collision 44 min ago
- Wife douses husband with beer after Wrigley home run
- CPS protests continue ahead of key school closings vote 16 min ago
- Photos: Milwaukee Pug Fest 2013
- abcnews: See Jennifer Lawrence's 'X-Men' Look
- 7 in :77
- Oklahoma tornado death toll in Moore at 24
43 min ago
- Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area
1 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos