ABC7 remembers photographer Mike Dukewich
October 5, 2012 (SCHAUMBURG, Ill.) (WLS) -- Earlier this week, we told you about the loss of one of our long time photographers, and all around good guy, Mike Dukewich. He died this weekend at the age of 58.
One of his loves was high school football as played by his son, Clay.
Tonight, Clay, number 76 for Fremd High School, played at Schaumburg. Clay's teammates put his dad's initials on their helmets and mom, Christy, was in the crowd.
In a storybook ending, Fremd would have won and Clay would have had a hand in the winning score. It didn't happen that way because sometimes life doesn't happen that way.
What did happen is what Mike Dukewich loved. The competition and camaraderie of high school football and watching his son on a Friday night under the lights. Every Monday, we would get a report on how clay and his team did.
Tonight, they did just fine.
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Officials probe potential threat on Delta flight
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Woman rescued from Lake Michigan near Jackson
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake