ABC7 remembers photographer Mike Dukewich
October 5, 2012 (SCHAUMBURG, Ill.) (WLS) -- Earlier this week, we told you about the loss of one of our long time photographers, and all around good guy, Mike Dukewich. He died this weekend at the age of 58.
One of his loves was high school football as played by his son, Clay.
Tonight, Clay, number 76 for Fremd High School, played at Schaumburg. Clay's teammates put his dad's initials on their helmets and mom, Christy, was in the crowd.
In a storybook ending, Fremd would have won and Clay would have had a hand in the winning score. It didn't happen that way because sometimes life doesn't happen that way.
What did happen is what Mike Dukewich loved. The competition and camaraderie of high school football and watching his son on a Friday night under the lights. Every Monday, we would get a report on how clay and his team did.
Tonight, they did just fine.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Chicago art exhibit celebrates food
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Siblings becoming guardians of disabled adults
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Feds: Woman caught after 36 years on run
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos