ABC7 remembers photographer Mike Dukewich
October 5, 2012 (SCHAUMBURG, Ill.) (WLS) -- Earlier this week, we told you about the loss of one of our long time photographers, and all around good guy, Mike Dukewich. He died this weekend at the age of 58.
One of his loves was high school football as played by his son, Clay.
Tonight, Clay, number 76 for Fremd High School, played at Schaumburg. Clay's teammates put his dad's initials on their helmets and mom, Christy, was in the crowd.
In a storybook ending, Fremd would have won and Clay would have had a hand in the winning score. It didn't happen that way because sometimes life doesn't happen that way.
What did happen is what Mike Dukewich loved. The competition and camaraderie of high school football and watching his son on a Friday night under the lights. Every Monday, we would get a report on how clay and his team did.
Tonight, they did just fine.
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- 2 hurt in Edgewater crash
- Near-death experience inspires businessman
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 6 shot at Austin party 38 min ago
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead 51 min ago
- Medical marijuana law poses workplace dilemma
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- Video: Newsviews - Tom Cross 37 min ago
- Video: Newsviews - Bob Grogan
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds 54 min ago
- Newsviews - Tom Cross
37 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos