Riverside train hits, kills man
October 6, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A man died after a freight train hit him in west suburban Riverside.
Authorities say the incident happened just east of a crossing near Longcommon Road at approximately 7 p.m. Friday.
The incident caused delays of up to one hour for trains in both directions on the Metra Burlington North Santa Fe line.
There was no word Saturday on the man's name.
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border 18 min ago
- Target credit card breach causes anger, frustration
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Dominick's offers more discounts as stores close 19 min ago
- Rogers Park stabbing leaves woman, 21, blind; man charged 52 min ago
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets 5 min ago
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
- Deck the malls with security
- Glen Ellyn student accused of assaulting school staff member
- Rev. Al Sharpton holds meeting on Chicago gun violence
- Carol Stream Culver's raises money for child with leukemia
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with family
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos