Riverside train hits, kills man
October 6, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A man died after a freight train hit him in west suburban Riverside.
Authorities say the incident happened just east of a crossing near Longcommon Road at approximately 7 p.m. Friday.
The incident caused delays of up to one hour for trains in both directions on the Metra Burlington North Santa Fe line.
There was no word Saturday on the man's name.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Senate candidate criticized for trip before election
- Brief warmup followed by snow
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Orr Academy basketball player back in game after shooting
- Body found near Ind. river where woman last seen
- Digital assets becoming part of estate planning
- I-Team: Billionaire arrested on Chicago corruption charges
- Con men targeting Mount Greenwood senior citizens
- Former Will Co. jail inmate sues over alleged excessive force
- State Rep. race in SW suburbs heats up
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation