Durbin helps kick off Dream Act workshops
October 6, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- U.S. Senator Dick Durbin and other lawmakers kicked off a series of workshops for young immigrants who want to take advantage of the Dream Act on Saturday.
Volunteers helped young people to fill out the paperwork to apply for the Deferred Action Program.
More than 500 people preregistered for the event.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase 26 min ago
- Brief warm-up followed by snow 24 min ago
- Missing plane may have created seismic event, Chinese researchers say
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Pi Day celebrated on 3.14 with Chicago specials
- Photos: Chicago police officer killed in crash
- SUV rolls off Jane Addams exit ramp in Rosemont
- Northwestern University unveils $3.75B campaign 44 min ago
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last forum before primary
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains
- 7 in 77
- CPD officer killed in crash after police...
26 min ago