Democratic official accused of having sex with teen
October 6, 2012 (TROY TOWNSHIP, Ill.) (WLS) -- A 31-year-old suburban woman has been arrested for allegedly having sex with a teenage boy.
Margarita Hernandez is charged with aggravated criminal sexual abuse.
Joliet Police Chief Mike Trafton said the arrest is related to an ongoing federal investigation of child pornography. Hernandez is a Democratic committeewoman in Troy Township in Will County.
The incident allegedly happened July 10. Relatives of the 15-year-old victim later contacted police.
Hernandez is being held on $200,000 dollars bond.
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Person drowns in kayak accident on Fox River
- Cardinal George presides over Easter vigil mass
- Blackhawks lose 4-3 in OT to St. Louis Blues
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home