Democratic official accused of having sex with teen
October 6, 2012 (TROY TOWNSHIP, Ill.) (WLS) -- A 31-year-old suburban woman has been arrested for allegedly having sex with a teenage boy.
Margarita Hernandez is charged with aggravated criminal sexual abuse.
Joliet Police Chief Mike Trafton said the arrest is related to an ongoing federal investigation of child pornography. Hernandez is a Democratic committeewoman in Troy Township in Will County.
The incident allegedly happened July 10. Relatives of the 15-year-old victim later contacted police.
Hernandez is being held on $200,000 dollars bond.
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder 40 min ago
- Distance not the issue with CPS safe passage
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- South Loop shooting injures 2 57 min ago
- Boy runs away from attempted kidnapper at Bell
- Elgin teens building home for tornado victim
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House 2 min ago
- Evanston HS baseball season ends over sexting
- Ex-CPD officer sentenced in Latin Kings case
- Dick Evey, former Bears' first-round pick, dies at 72
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO Scolded By 9-Year-Old
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder
40 min ago
- South Loop shooting injures 2
57 min ago