Democratic official accused of having sex with teen
October 6, 2012 (TROY TOWNSHIP, Ill.) (WLS) -- A 31-year-old suburban woman has been arrested for allegedly having sex with a teenage boy.
Margarita Hernandez is charged with aggravated criminal sexual abuse.
Joliet Police Chief Mike Trafton said the arrest is related to an ongoing federal investigation of child pornography. Hernandez is a Democratic committeewoman in Troy Township in Will County.
The incident allegedly happened July 10. Relatives of the 15-year-old victim later contacted police.
Hernandez is being held on $200,000 dollars bond.
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
- Ga lottery winner claims Mega Millions prize
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks
- Durbin presses regulators to prevent tanker tragedies
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus