Democratic official accused of having sex with teen
October 6, 2012 (TROY TOWNSHIP, Ill.) (WLS) -- A 31-year-old suburban woman has been arrested for allegedly having sex with a teenage boy.
Margarita Hernandez is charged with aggravated criminal sexual abuse.
Joliet Police Chief Mike Trafton said the arrest is related to an ongoing federal investigation of child pornography. Hernandez is a Democratic committeewoman in Troy Township in Will County.
The incident allegedly happened July 10. Relatives of the 15-year-old victim later contacted police.
Hernandez is being held on $200,000 dollars bond.
- Schaumburg couple survive Oklahoma tornado
- $19.6M settlement in priest sex abuse lawsuit
- Video: Wednesday @ 6AM: Saving on Gas?
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Wheel of Fortune aired at 2:05 a.m. 1 min ago
- Maywood honors man who found missing toddler's body
- Trial begins in Burger King manager's 2006 murder
- CPS protests continue ahead of key school closings vote
- Kellie Pickler wins 'Dancing with the Stars'
- Florida man pleads guilty in Bears fan death
- 'Bishop bomber' sentenced to 37 years in prison
- Photos: Tornadoes hit Oklahoma, Kansas
- Addison comfort dogs headed to Moore, Okla.
- Photos: Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area