Democratic official accused of having sex with teen
October 6, 2012 (TROY TOWNSHIP, Ill.) (WLS) -- A 31-year-old suburban woman has been arrested for allegedly having sex with a teenage boy.
Margarita Hernandez is charged with aggravated criminal sexual abuse.
Joliet Police Chief Mike Trafton said the arrest is related to an ongoing federal investigation of child pornography. Hernandez is a Democratic committeewoman in Troy Township in Will County.
The incident allegedly happened July 10. Relatives of the 15-year-old victim later contacted police.
Hernandez is being held on $200,000 dollars bond.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer shot in Bellwood
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins prepares for spacewalk outside ISS
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos