NW suburban man charged in alleged Oklahoma church-burning plot
October 6, 2012 (OTTOWA COUNTY, Okla.) (WLS) -- A man from the northwest suburbs is in an Oklahoma jail, accused of planning to burn down nearly 50 churches.
A man from the northwest suburbs is in an Oklahoma jail, accused of planning to burn down nearly 50 churches.
Gregory Weiler was being held without bond Sunday night in Ottawa County, Oklahoma.
Weiler graduated from Elk Grove High School and attended Bradley University.
He left to join a religious group in Missouri.
Weiler was allegedly gathering materials to make dozens of Molotov cocktails.
He is charged with threat to use explosives and a violation of Oklahoma's Anti-Terrorism Act.
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- Man struck by cars in Lincolnwood dies, police say
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Metra train strikes pedestrian in New Lenox
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects to remain jailed
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds