NW suburban man charged in alleged Oklahoma church-burning plot
October 6, 2012 (OTTOWA COUNTY, Okla.) (WLS) -- A man from the northwest suburbs is in an Oklahoma jail, accused of planning to burn down nearly 50 churches.
A man from the northwest suburbs is in an Oklahoma jail, accused of planning to burn down nearly 50 churches.
Gregory Weiler was being held without bond Sunday night in Ottawa County, Oklahoma.
Weiler graduated from Elk Grove High School and attended Bradley University.
He left to join a religious group in Missouri.
Weiler was allegedly gathering materials to make dozens of Molotov cocktails.
He is charged with threat to use explosives and a violation of Oklahoma's Anti-Terrorism Act.
- Snow, bitter cold to make for messy commute 50 min ago
- Office Depot moving OfficeMax HQ from Naperville to FL 40 min ago
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 23 min ago
- Crews battle large fire in unoccupied Skokie building 33 min ago
- Groupon founder to donate half his wealth to charity 55 min ago
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $344M
- Store owner shoots, kills alleged robber on SE Side 54 min ago
- Video released of multi-vehicle pile-up near Milwaukee 38 min ago
- Public hearing discusses Ashland bus-only lane
- Lake Zurich lockdowns lifted after reported student with weapons
- Derrick Smith wants case thrown out for being too 'vague'
- Santa visits cancer patient at Northwestern Hospital
- abcnews: Dog thwarts mail delivery for over a year
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
23 min ago
- Snow, bitter cold to make for messy commute
50 min ago
- Office Depot moving OfficeMax HQ from...
40 min ago
- Video released of multi-vehicle pile-up...
38 min ago