NW suburban man charged in alleged Oklahoma church-burning plot
October 6, 2012 (OTTOWA COUNTY, Okla.) (WLS) -- A man from the northwest suburbs is in an Oklahoma jail, accused of planning to burn down nearly 50 churches.
A man from the northwest suburbs is in an Oklahoma jail, accused of planning to burn down nearly 50 churches.
Gregory Weiler was being held without bond Sunday night in Ottawa County, Oklahoma.
Weiler graduated from Elk Grove High School and attended Bradley University.
He left to join a religious group in Missouri.
Weiler was allegedly gathering materials to make dozens of Molotov cocktails.
He is charged with threat to use explosives and a violation of Oklahoma's Anti-Terrorism Act.
- Winter storm could dump up to 8 inches of snow
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap