Columbus Day to see closures, parade
October 7, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Monday is Columbus Day, a federal holiday that will leave most city, state, county and federal offices and courts closed.
Post offices will also be closed and there will be no mail delivery.
CTA will be operating on a normal schedule and Chicago public libraries will be open.
For the first time in years, Chicago Public Schools will be in session because students and teachers need to make up days lost due to the teachers strike.
Also Monday, Chicago will host the 60th annual Columbus Day Parade.
It starts at 12:30 p.m. and goes along Columbus Drive from Balbo to Monroe.
This year's parade will honor Italians who made America great.
Retired sun-times columnist Stella Foster is the grand marshal.
You can watch the parade live on our 7.2 and 7.3 stations, on Comcast 217 and 244, wide open West 101 and 219, or RNC channels 321 and 618.
It will also stream live online at ABC7Chicago.com.
Janet Davies and Mark Giangreco are the hosts.
- Ice to slicken roads before snow rolls in
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting 1 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash 12 min ago
- Hadiya Pendleton Foundation holds holiday toy drive 16 min ago
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- 1 dead, 9 wounded in shootings since Friday
- Astronauts sail through repair spacewalks aboard ISS
- Bensenville police shooting injures man
- Police: Drunk driver crashes into squard car
- Siblings becoming guardians of disabled adults
- Chicago art exhibit celebrates food
- abcnews: Feds: Woman caught after 36 years on run
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood...
1 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos