3 workers seriously injured in Coal City crash
October 7, 2012 (COAL CITY, Ill.) (WLS) -- Three public works employees were seriously injured in the town of Coal City Saturday night when they were hit by a suspected drunk driver.
Coal City is in Grundy County, about 50 miles southwest of Chicago.
The workers were picking up trash from an Octoberfest Parade route when police say a white pickup truck plowed into them.
One of the victims was airlifted to a hospital. Two others were transported by ambulance in critical condition.
The driver of the pickup truck in is police custody.
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games 11 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Chicago man killed in Salt Lake City stabbing
- Man ID'd after fatal crash on Ryan-Skyway ramp
- Woman wanted for Wicker Park bank robbery
- BMO Harris Bank branch in Austin robbed
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Chris Farley's brother seeks Madison aldermanic seat
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home