3 workers seriously injured in Coal City crash
October 7, 2012 (COAL CITY, Ill.) (WLS) -- Three public works employees were seriously injured in the town of Coal City Saturday night when they were hit by a suspected drunk driver.
Coal City is in Grundy County, about 50 miles southwest of Chicago.
The workers were picking up trash from an Octoberfest Parade route when police say a white pickup truck plowed into them.
One of the victims was airlifted to a hospital. Two others were transported by ambulance in critical condition.
The driver of the pickup truck in is police custody.
- Passengers stranded overnight at O'Hare airport 17 min ago
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs 27 min ago
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 23 min ago
- Dangerous cold for Bears game
- Austin fire destroys building, leaves 10 homeless
- Rod Blagojevich arrest marks 5th anniversary
- Computer science to become CPS core subject
- Police: Evanston drug deal might have led to armed robbery
- Chicago pastor investigated for child sex abuse
- 1 dead, several injured in Racine pile-up
- 2-year-old girl killed by dog on South Side 51 min ago
- Shirley MacLaine on Kennedy Center Honors: 'It's about time'
- 'Frozen' takes top box office spot with $31.6M
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
23 min ago
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs
27 min ago
- Happy Ditka Day! 'Da Coach' jersey to be...
26 min ago
- Passengers stranded overnight at O'Hare...
17 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos