3 workers seriously injured in Coal City crash
October 7, 2012 (COAL CITY, Ill.) (WLS) -- Three public works employees were seriously injured in the town of Coal City Saturday night when they were hit by a suspected drunk driver.
Coal City is in Grundy County, about 50 miles southwest of Chicago.
The workers were picking up trash from an Octoberfest Parade route when police say a white pickup truck plowed into them.
One of the victims was airlifted to a hospital. Two others were transported by ambulance in critical condition.
The driver of the pickup truck in is police custody.
- Woman sexually abused in Mayfair park
- Ind. beaches close after substance found in water
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat have no room for error
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Chicago Shooting Count: 8 shot in 9 hours Monday 29 min ago
- Supreme Court grants Madigan more time on guns
- Lombard's Los Burritos Mexicanos still closed after E. coli cases
- Bruins beat Blackhawks in NHL finals Game 3
- UofC biochem student missing 6 days 30 min ago
- Report: Special session on pension to cost $40K a day
- Car slams into Sauk Village apartment, sleeping couple injured
- Wheeling to consider assault weapons ban
- Man tried to sexually assault girl, 14, at gunpoint: Police
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
- Lunch Break
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos