Lake Villa man dies in Jacksonville bar fight
October 7, 20212 (JACKSONVILLE, Fla.) (WLS) -- A Lake Villa man is dead after a fight in a bar in Jacksonville, Florida.
Jacksonville Sheriff's officials identified the victim as 42-year-old William Pettry.
He was stabbed in a downtown Jacksonville bar not far from the stadium where the Bears played the Jaguars on Sunday.
Officials say Pettry got into a fight with two patrons in the bar.
A suspect was detained and later arrested.
Pettry's neighbors say he was a privately contracted carpenter.
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits