Metra says site of Midlothian collision cleared for train operation
October 8, 2012 (MIDLOTHIAN, Ill.) (WLS) -- A train struck a vehicle near the Midlothian Metra station Monday, and one person was cut from the car and hospitalized in critical condition.
Rock Island Line trains were delayed following the collision, but by 6:30 p.m. Monday, Metra said the site had been cleared for train operations
Inbound train 422 struck a vehicle near the Midlothian grade crossing during the afternoon rush. That train and outbound train 411 were both stopped at the scene, near 149th and Pulaski.
Police say it appears the driver tried to go around the warning gates.
- 4 girls, 1 boy shot in Park Manor drive-by
- Woman killed in West Side hit-and-run
- Chicago shootings: 9 dead, 35 hurt since Friday night
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man charged in fatal Dan Ryan crash 28 min ago
- 2 officers hurt in Calumet Heights rollover crash
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from Ondelee Perteet
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- Wizards rally past Bulls in Game 1
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge 38 min ago
- Florida sinkhole threatens 2 Orlando-area homes
- Rubin Carter dead at 76; boxer 'Hurricane' exonerated in triple...
- Kevin Sharp dead at 43; country singer battled cancer young
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout
- 7 in :77