Area in Pilsen named 'Greenest Street in America'
October 9, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- An area in the Pilsen neighborhood has been dubbed the ''Greenest Street in America.''
The stretch of Blue Island Avenue and Cermak Road features sustainable cutting-edge design features.
The $14-million streetscape features a type of cement that removes smog from the air.
The sidewalk is also composed of 30 percent recycled content - the first sidewalk of its kind in the city.
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash 23 min ago
- FEMA gives Des Plaines River homeowners option to sell
- Freed inmate: New investigation 'like a nightmare'
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Woman sues Four Seasons, claims injuries from massage
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession
- Mumps reports spike across Illinois
- Photos: 13-pound baby boy born in Philly suburb
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake