Area in Pilsen named 'Greenest Street in America'
October 9, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- An area in the Pilsen neighborhood has been dubbed the ''Greenest Street in America.''
The stretch of Blue Island Avenue and Cermak Road features sustainable cutting-edge design features.
The $14-million streetscape features a type of cement that removes smog from the air.
The sidewalk is also composed of 30 percent recycled content - the first sidewalk of its kind in the city.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase 7 min ago
- Brief warmup followed by snow
- Digital assets becoming part of estate planning
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Body found near Ind. river where woman last seen 2 min ago
- Con men targeting Mount Greenwood senior citizens 39 min ago
- Former Will Co. jail inmate sues over alleged excessive force
- State Rep. race in SW suburbs heats up
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- 11th District Republicans hope to unseat Bill Foster
- Chicagoan helping to empower college students
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- Video: Time-Lapse Video: Snow Melt in Naperville
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation
- CPD officer killed in crash after police...
7 min ago