Area in Pilsen named 'Greenest Street in America'
October 9, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- An area in the Pilsen neighborhood has been dubbed the ''Greenest Street in America.''
The stretch of Blue Island Avenue and Cermak Road features sustainable cutting-edge design features.
The $14-million streetscape features a type of cement that removes smog from the air.
The sidewalk is also composed of 30 percent recycled content - the first sidewalk of its kind in the city.
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs
- Man shot to death in Logan Square
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Baby who died after being left home alone ID'd
- Indiana schools delayed by cold snap
- Man arrested in shooting of Garfield Park pharmacist
- Chicago artist created pope's image for Time cover
- Cozmanoff guilty in guard's hit-and-run death 32 min ago
- United Airlines keeps naming rights for United Center 6 min ago
- Metra UP West train delayed by freight train
- Mariano's to hold 3 job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- South Shore Line trains delayed by cold
- Thousands expected at Our Lady of Guadalupe shrine
- 7 in 77