Man steals ambulance, joyrides from Berwyn to Englewood, police say
October 10, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 77-year-old man was arrested after police say he stole an ambulance and went on a joyride.
MacNeal Hospital in west suburban Berwyn reported the Cicero Fire Department ambulance missing Tuesday night around 11:15 p.m.
Police stopped the ambulance in Chicago's Englewood neighborhood Tuesday night in the 1500-block of West 63rd and arrested the driver.
John Neal, 77, of Chicago, was charged with stealing the vehicle, criminal damage to government property and driving without a license.
Police as Neal drove, he damaged the passenger-side mirror and the passenger-side under carriage.
A motive for the theft was still unknown early Wednesday, police News Affairs Officer Hector Alfaro said, adding that charges were pending against the man.
- Oklahoma tornado kills 51, death toll expected to rise, M.E. says
- Detroit Red Wings beat Chicago Blackhawks 3-1
- I-Team: Expanded gambling in Illinois
- 1st weekday of Red Line Reconstruction
- Photos: Tornadoes hit Oklahoma, Kansas
- Shooting outside Planned Parenthood in Merrillville, Indiana
- 'Pollen tsunami' in Chicago, allergist says
- Governor, Mayor in high-stakes game of Chicago hold 'em
- 87-year-old accusing Trump says, 'Somebody had to stand up to...
- Photos: Milwaukee Pug Fest 2013
- abcnews: 200-Lbs. Bear Pulled From Colorado Springs...
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos