Man steals ambulance, joyrides from Berwyn to Englewood, police say
October 10, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 77-year-old man was arrested after police say he stole an ambulance and went on a joyride.
MacNeal Hospital in west suburban Berwyn reported the Cicero Fire Department ambulance missing Tuesday night around 11:15 p.m.
Police stopped the ambulance in Chicago's Englewood neighborhood Tuesday night in the 1500-block of West 63rd and arrested the driver.
John Neal, 77, of Chicago, was charged with stealing the vehicle, criminal damage to government property and driving without a license.
Police as Neal drove, he damaged the passenger-side mirror and the passenger-side under carriage.
A motive for the theft was still unknown early Wednesday, police News Affairs Officer Hector Alfaro said, adding that charges were pending against the man.
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city, suburbs 46 min ago
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $344M
- What electronics will be under your tree? 2 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 36 min ago
- EB 80/94 closed at Cline by multi-vehicle crash 3 min ago
- Illinois bids for Boeing plant
- Frozen hydrants hamper CFD firefighters 44 min ago
- Office Depot moving OfficeMax HQ from Naperville to FL
- Skokie fire lights up sky 33 min ago
- Groupon founder to donate half his wealth to charity
- Public hearing discusses Ashland bus-only lane
- Store owner shoots, kills alleged robber on SE Side
- Video released of multi-vehicle pile-up near Milwaukee
- abcnews: Dog thwarts mail delivery for over a year
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
36 min ago
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city,...
46 min ago
- What electronics will be under your tree?
2 min ago