Man steals ambulance, joyrides from Berwyn to Englewood, police say
October 10, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 77-year-old man was arrested after police say he stole an ambulance and went on a joyride.
MacNeal Hospital in west suburban Berwyn reported the Cicero Fire Department ambulance missing Tuesday night around 11:15 p.m.
Police stopped the ambulance in Chicago's Englewood neighborhood Tuesday night in the 1500-block of West 63rd and arrested the driver.
John Neal, 77, of Chicago, was charged with stealing the vehicle, criminal damage to government property and driving without a license.
Police as Neal drove, he damaged the passenger-side mirror and the passenger-side under carriage.
A motive for the theft was still unknown early Wednesday, police News Affairs Officer Hector Alfaro said, adding that charges were pending against the man.
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014 28 min ago
- Chicago targets in terrorist crosshairs, new al Qaeda magazine says
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 6 min ago
- Body found in Indiana ID'd as missing woman Cathryn McGill 37 min ago
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Early voting for primary races ends Saturday
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- CPD officer remembered as 'true blue knight'
- Disabled lawyer devoted to making world accessible
- Kennedy Expressway reversible lanes closed Saturday
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million
- Film offers glimpse of 1940s-era Chicago
- abcnews: Doctor Performs Illegal, Cut-Rate Butt...
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
6 min ago
- Chicago River dyeing draws crowds
35 min ago
- Chicago St. Patrick's Day Parade 2014
20 min ago