Man steals ambulance, joyrides from Berwyn to Englewood, police say
October 10, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 77-year-old man was arrested after police say he stole an ambulance and went on a joyride.
MacNeal Hospital in west suburban Berwyn reported the Cicero Fire Department ambulance missing Tuesday night around 11:15 p.m.
Police stopped the ambulance in Chicago's Englewood neighborhood Tuesday night in the 1500-block of West 63rd and arrested the driver.
John Neal, 77, of Chicago, was charged with stealing the vehicle, criminal damage to government property and driving without a license.
Police as Neal drove, he damaged the passenger-side mirror and the passenger-side under carriage.
A motive for the theft was still unknown early Wednesday, police News Affairs Officer Hector Alfaro said, adding that charges were pending against the man.
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin 45 min ago
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Jeopardy to air Late Night
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges
- Chicago woman owns first Ford Mustang ever sold 17 min ago
- Presidential library in Chicago takes step forward
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos