State senator found not guilty of trespassing charges
October 10, 2012 (WLS) -- Illinois State Senator Suzi Schmidt is found not guilty of trespassing and criminal damage to property.
The Republican lawmaker was accused of throwing boat oars from a neighbor's yard into a nearby marsh and punching a hole in a bag of feed outside the neighbor's home.
Prosecutors say she accused a female neighbor of having an affair with her estranged husband.
The neighbor says that never happened.
A judge issued the not guilty verdict saying the allegations were not proven beyond a reasonable doubt.
- 2 winter storms take aim at Chicago area
- Missing Michigan doctor's car found in Indiana
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bogus Target charges may not appear for months
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Dixon to receive $9.2M restitution in Crundwell case
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened
- Indiana Toll Road reopened after truck rollover
- Elkhart native killed in NATO helicopter crash in Afghanistan
- Aurora pastor gets 12 years in prison
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates