Metra Electric Line trains on the move, delayed 15-60 minutes due to police activity
October 10, 2012 (HARVEY, Ill.) (WLS) -- Both inbound and outbound trains on Metra's Electric Line were stopped Wednesday evening while police conduct a search.
Chopper 7 HD flew over the scene near the 147th Street and Sibley Station in Harvey around 5:30 p.m.
Police from Chicago, Harvey and Riverdale are involved.
There were reports officers were looking for suspects in a robbery.
Metra posted the following on its website at 5:46 p.m.:
"The following trains will be delayed in departing University Park and Chicago: #136 to Depart University Park at 5:40pm to arrive Chicago at 6:46pm; and #139 departs Chicago at 6:08pm and arrives University Park at 7:08pm. This is due to earlier police activity 147th. These trains may be delayed up to 50-60 minutes."
Metra Electric Line trains were moving again by about 6 p.m.
- Lake Shore Drive reopens after 8-hour standoff
- Girl, about 3, found dead in Riverdale woods
- NCAA Tournament 2014 bracket matchups set 1 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Toddler reported missing on South Side
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- GOP gubernatorial candidates make last campaign push
- Fred Phelps, of Westboro Baptist Church, suffers health issues 45 min ago
- Selection Sunday 2014: March Madness bracket hints 1 min ago
- ON DEMAND: St. Patrick's Day Parade
- abcnews: Honda Recalls 900,000 Odyssey Minivans
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos