Metra Electric Line trains on the move, delayed 15-60 minutes due to police activity
October 10, 2012 (HARVEY, Ill.) (WLS) -- Both inbound and outbound trains on Metra's Electric Line were stopped Wednesday evening while police conduct a search.
Chopper 7 HD flew over the scene near the 147th Street and Sibley Station in Harvey around 5:30 p.m.
Police from Chicago, Harvey and Riverdale are involved.
There were reports officers were looking for suspects in a robbery.
Metra posted the following on its website at 5:46 p.m.:
"The following trains will be delayed in departing University Park and Chicago: #136 to Depart University Park at 5:40pm to arrive Chicago at 6:46pm; and #139 departs Chicago at 6:08pm and arrives University Park at 7:08pm. This is due to earlier police activity 147th. These trains may be delayed up to 50-60 minutes."
Metra Electric Line trains were moving again by about 6 p.m.
- Memorial Day Road Race benefits military families
- 17-year-old boy killed in Austin shooting
- Deer on tracks halts Blue Line service temporarily
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Joliet man facing child porn charges
- Missouri freight train crash injures at least 7, collapses...
- Robbie Rogers heading to Galaxy as league's 1st openly gay...
- Second video allegedly shows guard push student
- Contaminated injections traced to IL clinic
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- abcnews: Drivers Can't Face Fears, Get Lift Across...
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos