Metra Electric Line trains on the move, delayed 15-60 minutes due to police activity
October 10, 2012 (HARVEY, Ill.) (WLS) -- Both inbound and outbound trains on Metra's Electric Line were stopped Wednesday evening while police conduct a search.
Chopper 7 HD flew over the scene near the 147th Street and Sibley Station in Harvey around 5:30 p.m.
Police from Chicago, Harvey and Riverdale are involved.
There were reports officers were looking for suspects in a robbery.
Metra posted the following on its website at 5:46 p.m.:
"The following trains will be delayed in departing University Park and Chicago: #136 to Depart University Park at 5:40pm to arrive Chicago at 6:46pm; and #139 departs Chicago at 6:08pm and arrives University Park at 7:08pm. This is due to earlier police activity 147th. These trains may be delayed up to 50-60 minutes."
Metra Electric Line trains were moving again by about 6 p.m.
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border 9 min ago
- Target credit card breach causes anger, frustration 27 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 57 min ago
- Report: Centrella could buy some Dominick's stores
- Rogers Park stabbing leaves woman, 21, blind; man charged
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets
- 4M passengers expected at Chicago's airports during holidays 44 min ago
- Man charged with fatal shooting of 12-year-old in 2012 14 min ago
- Deck the malls with security
- Cousin of Mass. gov, from Rockford, among 8 getting commutations 2 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after officiating son's gay marriage
- London Apollo Theatre collapse injures 79 22 min ago
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
57 min ago
- 7 in :77
29 min ago
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border
9 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos