Pilsen gets $8M student residence hall, La Casa
October 11, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Governor Pat Quinn opened a new community-based student housing development Thursday in the city's Pilsen neighborhood.
The 6-story residence hall, La Casa Student Housing and Resource Center, will provide local college students with the benefits of on-campus housing. The facility features a computer lab, study rooms and financial advisors to provide career guidance and access to financial services.
"We have to make sure that we have adequate housing," Gov. Pat Quinn said.
The state provided more than $8 million to help build La Casa, which was facilitated by the resurrection project.
- Woman assaulted near Matteson Metra stop, bike path
- Chicago doctor among 3 killed in Afghanistan 56 min ago
- Driver taking photos after Noble Square crash struck, killed 51 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Ind. man allegedly took assault weapon on NJ-Chicago flight
- South Side fire latest in suspicious string 49 min ago
- Mom of 3 fatally shot hours after Gary hospital altercation
- Emanuel: CPS graduation rate on-track to reach 82 percent in 2014
- Unconscious man found near Metra-Union Pacific tracks in Glencoe
- Wyoming explosion prompts evacuation of Opal, town of 95
- Blackhawks beat Blues in OT with Patrick Kane goal
- Man charged after car chase, Roseland bus stop crash
- Russell Wilson divorce from wife Ashton Russell announced
- AAPL shareholders to see Apple stock split
- ABC7 to Go
54 min ago
- Chicago doctor among 3 killed in Afghanistan
23 min ago
- Driver taking photos after Noble Square...
52 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos