Pilsen gets $8M student residence hall, La Casa
October 11, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Governor Pat Quinn opened a new community-based student housing development Thursday in the city's Pilsen neighborhood.
The 6-story residence hall, La Casa Student Housing and Resource Center, will provide local college students with the benefits of on-campus housing. The facility features a computer lab, study rooms and financial advisors to provide career guidance and access to financial services.
"We have to make sure that we have adequate housing," Gov. Pat Quinn said.
The state provided more than $8 million to help build La Casa, which was facilitated by the resurrection project.
- Woman sexually abused in Mayfair park
- Food additive believed to be substance at Dunes beach
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat have no room for error
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Chicago Shooting Count: 8 shot in 9 hours Monday
- CTU president calls for tax changes to fund schools
- Governor, lawmakers plan to form new pension committee
- Most Blackhawks fans believe team will bounce back
- Chicago man creates smartphone safety app
- Supreme Court grants Madigan more time on guns
- Lombard's Los Burritos Mexicanos still closed after E. coli cases
- Bruins beat Blackhawks in NHL finals Game 3
- Car slams into Sauk Village apartment, sleeping couple injured
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos