Pilsen gets $8M student residence hall, La Casa
October 11, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Governor Pat Quinn opened a new community-based student housing development Thursday in the city's Pilsen neighborhood.
The 6-story residence hall, La Casa Student Housing and Resource Center, will provide local college students with the benefits of on-campus housing. The facility features a computer lab, study rooms and financial advisors to provide career guidance and access to financial services.
"We have to make sure that we have adequate housing," Gov. Pat Quinn said.
The state provided more than $8 million to help build La Casa, which was facilitated by the resurrection project.
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 in Skokie 42 min ago
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to be donated 10 min ago
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Libertyville man, 66, claims attack by hospital security 46 min ago
- Indiana soldier among 6 dead in Afghanistan crash
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Ga lottery winner to get Mega Millions $120M lump sum
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- 7 in :77
45 min ago
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 in Skokie
42 min ago
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to...
10 min ago