Father Daniel Mallette, 80, moves out of St. Margaret's of Scotland rectory
October 11, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The popular priest of a Far South Side parish has a new home.
Father Dan Mallette was ordered to leave the rectory at St. Margaret of Scotland church after he turned 80 because of church rules.
Mallette fought the order. But now he has moved into a private residence in suburban Oak Lawn.
Mallette will still get medical assistance from the archdiocese.
Mallette is currently working as a counselor at the Cook County Jail.
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault 45 min ago
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 26 min ago
- Tavern shutdown racially motivated, owner says 21 min ago
- Child struck, killed by car in Whiting, Ind. 35 min ago
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- Cubs unveil plans for Wrigley's 100th birthday
- ComEd seeks rate hike to help pay for Smart Grid 43 min ago
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours
- Chicago casino plans pitched at gaming hearing
- UIC faculty strike averted, tentative deal reached
- Michelle Obama to meet with CPS students in DC
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos