Father Daniel Mallette, 80, moves out of St. Margaret's of Scotland rectory
October 11, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The popular priest of a Far South Side parish has a new home.
Father Dan Mallette was ordered to leave the rectory at St. Margaret of Scotland church after he turned 80 because of church rules.
Mallette fought the order. But now he has moved into a private residence in suburban Oak Lawn.
Mallette will still get medical assistance from the archdiocese.
Mallette is currently working as a counselor at the Cook County Jail.
- 2 hurt in North Side crash 46 min ago
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Near-death experience inspires businessman
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- 6 shot at party in Austin 54 min ago
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side 33 min ago
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- PM won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land 33 min ago
- Interpol: Database not checked pre-Malaysia flight 9 min ago
- No consensus on notifying victims of data breaches
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
- 2 hurt in North Side crash
46 min ago
- Daily Herald: Long-time Married Couples
41 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos