Drew Peterson briefly released from prison to visit funeral home after mother dies
October 11, 2012 (DARIEN, Ill.) (WLS) -- Convicted murderer Drew Peterson was released from the Will County Jail briefly on Thursday morning to say goodbye to his mother, who died on Monday.
Betty Morphey was 84. Her funeral will be on Friday at Modell Funeral Home, 7710 S. Cass in Darien, Ill. Peterson is not expected to attend. During the 30 minute visit, Peterson, wearing an orange jumpsuit and shackles, was escorted by sheriff's officers as he visited his mother's body in the chapel. Morphey will be buried at Clarendon Hills Cemetery.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer