Drew Peterson briefly released from prison to visit funeral home after mother dies
October 11, 2012 (DARIEN, Ill.) (WLS) -- Convicted murderer Drew Peterson was released from the Will County Jail briefly on Thursday morning to say goodbye to his mother, who died on Monday.
Betty Morphey was 84. Her funeral will be on Friday at Modell Funeral Home, 7710 S. Cass in Darien, Ill. Peterson is not expected to attend. During the 30 minute visit, Peterson, wearing an orange jumpsuit and shackles, was escorted by sheriff's officers as he visited his mother's body in the chapel. Morphey will be buried at Clarendon Hills Cemetery.
- Snow, cold fail to deter holiday shoppers 58 min ago
- Chicago pastor under investigation for child sex abuse
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 1 dead, several injured in Racine pile-up
- Patients celebrate holidays at Ronald McDonald House 41 min ago
- 2-year-old girl killed by dog on South Side
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident
- FEMA canvassing tornado areas in Central Ill.
- Blackhawks G Crawford leaves game early with injury
- Chicago marks passing of Nelson Mandela
- Bears, Cowboys prepped for frigid Monday game
- Cold weather brings flight delays, cancellations
- abcnews: Man trapped in empty plane at Houston Airport
- Snow, cold fail to deter holiday shoppers
58 min ago
- Patients celebrate holidays at Ronald...
41 min ago