Kerry Wood Cubs Field breaks ground
October 11, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- There will soon be a $5 million Kerry Wood Cubs Field on Chicago's North Side.
The former pitching ace and Cubs Chairman Tom Ricketts were among those breaking ground Thursday at Clark Park.
Public league students and others will play at the facility.
Several different organizations are paying for the park, including Kerry Wood's Foundation, the Cubs and the Park District, which will operate it once it's completed next year.
- Snow blankets city, suburbs after March storm
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- $2M bond for man accused of shooting 6 at party
- SUV with child stolen in Colorado, I-25 chase
- Bears terminate Julius Peppers contract
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained
- Man writes own, hilarious obituary