Elderly woman mugged near Hollywood Casino in Aurora
October 12, 2012 (AURORA, Ill.) (WLS) -- Aurora police hope the public can help find a man who seriously injured an elderly woman by pushing her to the ground as he stole her purse.
The 82-year-old woman's husband, who was walking with a cane, also fell. The 86-year-old was holding his wife's arm when she was pushed.
She remains hospitalized Friday with serious injuries. He was not hurt.
The couple was walking near New York Street and Stolp Avenue by the Hollywood Casino when the man approached at 3:40 p.m. on October 7. The man is described as a black male in his late teens or mid-20s, 150 to 170 pounds. He was wearing a dark knit hat, blue or black jacket and dark pants.
Officials say he got away with about $40 worth of person effects.
Police are asking anyone with information to call them at 630-256-5500. Callers can also call Aurora Area Crime Stoppers at 630-892-1000 and qualify for a cash reward of up to $5000 for information that leads to an arrest in the case.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Ice to slicken roads before snow rolls in
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bensenville police shooting injures man 40 min ago
- Police: Drunk driver crashes into squard car 7 min ago
- Siblings becoming guardians of disabled adults
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Chicago art exhibit celebrates food
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Feds: Woman caught after 36 years on run
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos