Woman stabs man who let her use his phone, police say
October 12, 2012 (VALPARAISO, Ind.) (WLS) -- A Valparaiso woman is charged with battery for stabbing a man who tried to help her after a car crash.
Billie Jo Moore, 49, is accused of attacking a man who allowed her into his house to use his telephone. As Moore was leaving, she allegedly grabbed a kitchen knife and stabbed him. The victim was stabbed in the chest and underwent surgery to repair damage near his heart.
Investigators say Moore appeared to be under the influence of drugs.
Bond was set at $50,000.
- Tanker truck rollover closes eastbound Indiana Toll Road 3 min ago
- Carbon monoxide injures 12 in Skokie 31 min ago
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Chicago radio legend Larry Lujack dies at 73
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles
- Rogers Park stabbing seriously injures woman, 21
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- City triples budget to board up closed CPS schools
- Teen dies day after Little Village shooting
- CTA Blue Line train service resumes
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- 7 in :77
- Carbon monoxide injures 12 in Skokie
31 min ago