2 teens among weekend shootings
October 14, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- It has been a violent weekend in Chicago with multiple shootings across the city leaving five people dead and at least 25 people wounded since Friday night.
Two teenagers were shot late Saturday night near 63rd and St. Lawrence.
Sixteen-year-old Richard Modell was killed. The other teen, an 18 year-old male, suffered multiple gunshot wounds.
"It's been ongoing shooting for the past two hours over here," said community activist Andrew Holmes. "Young men, teens, standing out here. All of a sudden someone pulls a gun, discharges and someone's lost his life."
The 18-year-old was hospitalized in what officials say is "very critical" condition.
- Winter storm could dump up to 8 inches of snow
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap