Gabby Douglas, Olympic gold medalist, attends girls empowerment brunch in Rosemont
October 14, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Olympic gold medalist Gabby Douglas was in the Chicago area Sunday to help inspire girls.
The gymnastics champion was scheduled to speak to hundreds of mothers and daughters at a fundraiser in Rosemont. The Pink Pearls and Pretty Dresses: Girls Empowerment Brunch was planned from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday at the Stevens Convention Center.
The event raises money for I-Glow, an organization that helps young women in Chicagoland.
- Woman assaulted near Matteson Metra stop, bike path
- NIU hazing death case in court 20 min ago
- Chicago doctor among 3 killed in Afghanistan
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Driver taking photos after Noble Square crash struck, killed 14 min ago
- Ind. man allegedly took assault weapon on NJ-Chicago flight
- South Side fire latest in suspicious string
- Mom of 3 fatally shot hours after Gary hospital altercation
- Emanuel: CPS graduation rate on-track to reach 82 percent in 2014
- Unconscious man found near Metra-Union Pacific tracks in Glencoe
- Wyoming explosion prompts evacuation of Opal, town of 95
- Blackhawks beat Blues in OT with Patrick Kane goal
- Man charged after car chase, Roseland bus stop crash
- Russell Wilson divorce from wife Ashton Russell announced
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos