Gabby Douglas, Olympic gold medalist, attends girls empowerment brunch in Rosemont
October 14, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Olympic gold medalist Gabby Douglas was in the Chicago area Sunday to help inspire girls.
The gymnastics champion was scheduled to speak to hundreds of mothers and daughters at a fundraiser in Rosemont. The Pink Pearls and Pretty Dresses: Girls Empowerment Brunch was planned from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday at the Stevens Convention Center.
The event raises money for I-Glow, an organization that helps young women in Chicagoland.
- Snow, bitter cold to make for messy commute
- Office Depot moving OfficeMax HQ from Naperville to FL
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Crews battle large fire in unoccupied Skokie building
- Groupon founder to donate half his wealth to charity
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $344M
- Store owner shoots, kills alleged robber on SE Side
- Video released of multi-vehicle pile-up near Milwaukee
- Public hearing discusses Ashland bus-only lane
- Lake Zurich lockdowns lifted after reported student with weapons
- Derrick Smith wants case thrown out for being too 'vague'
- Santa visits cancer patient at Northwestern Hospital
- abcnews: Dog thwarts mail delivery for over a year