Ron Santo diabetes walk reaches $4.5 mil goal
October 14, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Congratulations are in order for everyone who took part in Sunday's Ron Santo Walk to Cure Diabetes.
The goal was to raise $4.5 million and they did it.
Participants walked along the Chicago lakefront, where there was plenty of entertainment to keep them inspired.
There were also walks in the suburbs.
Many walked in honor of relatives, as well as the late Cubs fan favorite, Santo, who was tireless in his efforts to find a cure.
- CPD officer remembered as 'true blue knight'
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Film offers glimpse of 1940s-era Chicago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Early voting for primary races ends Saturday
- Speed cams start issuing tickets in some areas
- Autopsy on body found near where woman last seen
- Ice jams on Rock River force evacuations 19 min ago
- Con men targeting Mount Greenwood senior citizens
- Orr Academy basketball player back in game after shooting
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation