Ron Santo diabetes walk reaches $4.5 mil goal
October 14, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Congratulations are in order for everyone who took part in Sunday's Ron Santo Walk to Cure Diabetes.
The goal was to raise $4.5 million and they did it.
Participants walked along the Chicago lakefront, where there was plenty of entertainment to keep them inspired.
There were also walks in the suburbs.
Many walked in honor of relatives, as well as the late Cubs fan favorite, Santo, who was tireless in his efforts to find a cure.
- Board votes to close 50 CPS schools, programs 1 min ago
- Brian Urlacher announces retirement from NFL
- Donald Trump civil trial jury deliberations begin
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 2 bodies found in trunk of car in West Englewood 10 min ago
- How much money will be saved by school closures? 8 min ago
- CPS closings numbers compared to other major cities
- Mahalia Jackson community glad school will stay open
- West Aurora sex abuse probe ends without arrests 40 min ago
- Saving on Gas? Fine Print for Rewards Programs
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help
- Free movies at Millennium Park this summer
- Boy, 16, killed in Back of the Yards shooting
- abcnews: Twitter Beefs Up User Security 1 min ago
- Board votes to close 50 CPS schools, programs
1 min ago
- West Aurora sex abuse probe ends without...
40 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos