Ron Santo diabetes walk reaches $4.5 mil goal
October 14, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Congratulations are in order for everyone who took part in Sunday's Ron Santo Walk to Cure Diabetes.
The goal was to raise $4.5 million and they did it.
Participants walked along the Chicago lakefront, where there was plenty of entertainment to keep them inspired.
There were also walks in the suburbs.
Many walked in honor of relatives, as well as the late Cubs fan favorite, Santo, who was tireless in his efforts to find a cure.
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
- Ga lottery winner claims Mega Millions prize
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks
- Durbin presses regulators to prevent tanker tragedies
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus