Missing Volo woman, daughters found safe
October 14, 2012 (VOLO, Ill.) (WLS) -- The Lake County sheriff says missing Volo mother Aneta Marsek and her two daughters have been found eight days after they disappeared.
The statement was made around 8 p.m. on Sunday night.
There is still much not known about their disappearance, but the statement they released said that Marsek and her two children were located in the Wisconsin Dells.
The statement goes on to say they were found safe and "relatively healthy." Though it is unclear what exactly that means, investigators said that all three are being checked out at a local hospital.
Marsek, 33, her 2-year-old daughter Chevelle and 4-month-old daughter Macenzie went missing a week ago Saturday, October 6. She was last seen leaving her parents' house in Wauconda.
There has been no activity on her cell phone or credit cards, leading police she had been the victim of foul play.
Marsek had recently filed for divorce and was planning to move back in with her parents.
In an order of protection filed by her estranged husband Dan Marsek after his family vanished, he alleged that his wife had disappeared before and kept the kids away from him.
Sunday night Dan Marsek spoke to ABC7 on the phone and was ecstatic that his family has been located safe and sound.
"Right now, my focus is getting my girls and my wife home," he said. "I'll be focusing on that right now, like I have been for the past few days."
The Lake County Sheriff's office says police in the Wisconsin Dells report that all this time Marsek was vacationing with her daughters.
More information on this developing story is expected on Monday.
local, michelle gallardo
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemo 12 min ago
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Video: Yelp reviews: Phony or Real?
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train 13 min ago
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock
- I-Team finds man wanted by Interpol in Chicago
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns 31 min ago
- Opening statements begin in general's sex trial
- Massachusetts bans 'upskirt' photos after ruling 9 min ago
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant