Trial begins in 2010 Vernon Hills murder: Deerfield man allegedly stabbed girlfriend's mother to death
October 15, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The trial gets under way Monday for a Deerfield man charged with the beating death of his girlfriend's mother.
The suspect, Daniel Baker, is expected to decide whether he wants a judge or a jury to hear his case.
Prosecutors say he killed Marina Aksman, 50, in her Vernon Hills home in April 2010 after she tried to end his relationship with her daughter.
Five days after the killing, police caught up with Baker and the victim's daughter in northern Montana.
- Snow falls as shoppers brave cold temps 49 min ago
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- ON DEMAND: ABC 7 Chicago's 'Heart and Soul'
- Man dies after Evanston shooting, car crash
- Young singer with autism releases inspirational song
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in Chicago, around world
- Astor House tenants face eviction
- Cancer patient without heat after power shut off
- 'Peeping Tom' caught watching woman before assault
- Dylan's electric guitar sells for nearly $1M
- Photos: Pearl Harbor anniversary
- abcnews: Alleged Cannibal Ran Hotel With Grilling Area
- Snow falls as shoppers brave cold temps
49 min ago
- Eyewitness to History: The Best of Ditka
15 min ago