Trial begins in 2010 Vernon Hills murder: Deerfield man allegedly stabbed girlfriend's mother to death
October 15, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The trial gets under way Monday for a Deerfield man charged with the beating death of his girlfriend's mother.
The suspect, Daniel Baker, is expected to decide whether he wants a judge or a jury to hear his case.
Prosecutors say he killed Marina Aksman, 50, in her Vernon Hills home in April 2010 after she tried to end his relationship with her daughter.
Five days after the killing, police caught up with Baker and the victim's daughter in northern Montana.
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes 22 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 27 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects face detention hearing
- Teen accused in Chicago livery driver shooting death
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Earthquake in California centered in Eureka
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
27 min ago
- 7 in :77
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park...
22 min ago