Occupy Chicago celebrates 1 year after Grant Park march
October 15, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Occupy Chicago demonstrators celebrated in Grant Park Monday night, marking the one year anniversary of the march that ended with the group's eviction from Grant Park.
Demonstrators rallied at Jackson and LaSalle Monday night, then marched to Congress Plaza in Grant Park where they held a free speech fest.
One year ago, many of the same people made the same trip in an effort to set up a camp at the park. Nearly 200 were arrested. But in September a judge ruled that the group's eviction was illegal.
Occupy Chicago says the event is a celebration of their resistance.
- Memorial Day Road Race benefits military families 21 min ago
- 17-year-old boy killed in Austin shooting 21 min ago
- Contaminated injections traced to IL clinic
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Second video allegedly shows guard push student
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder
- $1.5M boat catches fire, trespasser arrested
- Boy runs away from attempted kidnapper at Bell
- Tim McGraw surprises Orland Park veterans
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO Scolded By 9-Year-Old
- 17-year-old boy killed in Austin shooting
21 min ago
- Mole de Mayo Festival
55 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos