Ramp from inbound Skyway to Dan Ryan local lanes closed
October 16, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Emergency repairs are under way Tuesday night near the Dan Ryan and Chicago Skyway.
Drivers are being warned to avoid the Chicago Skyway overnight. The inbound Dan Ryan local lanes are completely closed through the overnight hours. Express lanes are open, but there will be off and on closures through the night.
Crews are installing support towers on a Metra bridge that crosses over the Ryan and Skyway entrance ramps. The bridge was damaged by construction crews earlier Tuesday.
I-DOT says it hopes to have all of the work done and all lanes open by 5 a.m. Wednesday.
ABC7 will also have the latest on our morning news beginning at 4:30 a.m.
"At 2 p.m. (Tuesday) ALL lanes of the inbound Skyway to the Dan Ryan will be closed to allow for the installation of shoring towers on the ramps. All traffic will be diverted off at State St.
"Traffic will be detoured via State Street south to 67th St/Marquette Rd. and north on Wentworth Ave. and 59th St. to the inbound Dan Ryan. The right lane of the inbound Dan Ryan local lanes will also be closed at 2 p.m. today. Starting at 8 p.m. tonight, the inbound Dan Ryan local lanes will be completely closed through the overnight hours while the concrete sections are removed. During this time, trucks will be allowed to use the Dan Ryan express lanes. In addition, starting at 10 p.m., the inbound Dan Ryan express lanes will be subject to intermittent full closures through the night until 5 a.m.
"Drivers should expect delays and IDOT is advising interstate travelers and truckers to avoid the Skyway and the inbound Dan Ryan/I-94 and to instead take the Tri-State Tollway (I-80/294) to avoid backups on the inbound Dan Ryan.
"All lanes are scheduled to be open by 5 a.m.
"Traffic updates are available online at www.travelmidwest.com."
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment
- Bad Wolf Coffee offers French caneles
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- YMCA in Naperville gears up for 'Healthy Kids Day'
- Person drowns in kayak accident on Fox River
- Cardinal George presides over Easter vigil mass
- Blackhawks lose 4-3 in OT to St. Louis Blues
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home