Man shot dead in Addison after standoff, crash
October 16, 2012 (ADDISON, Ill.) (WLS) -- Police in west suburban Addison fatally shot a man after they say he opened fire on them.
The incident began as an investigation into a hit-and-run accident at approximately 5:40 p.m. Monday near Lake Street and Lombard Road near Addison Trail High School.
No one was hurt in the traffic accident, but when police tried to talk to the man, they say he holed himself up in a house.
Police say George R. Scoville, 47, fired his weapon numerous times at officers. Scoville was struck and by return gunfire and transported to Glen Oaks Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Officials probe potential threat on Delta flight
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Woman rescued from Lake Michigan near Jackson
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake