Buckingham Fountain closes for cleaning, winter
October 16, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Buckingham Fountain in Chicago's Grant Park will close on Wednesday for the winter.
The Chicago Park District will drain the fountain, and then crews will begin cleaning the structure.
The fountain, which is in its 85 th season, will reopen in the spring.
- Deep freeze hits Chicago area, snow Sunday 50 min ago
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in Chicago, around world 34 min ago
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 26 min ago
- ComEd vault fire in West Loop
- Bicyclist struck, killed by car on West Side
- New church opens for fast-growing congregation 53 min ago
- 'Peeping Tom' caught watching woman before assault
- Pearl Harbor bombing anniversary marked
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $297M
- United Airlines takes Starlight kids on trip to North Pole
- Lakeview runners strip down for 'Santa Speedo Run'
- Video: The Ditka you didn't know
- abcnews: Alleged Cannibal Run Hotel With Grilling Area
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
26 min ago
- Deep freeze hits Chicago area, snow Sunday
50 min ago
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in...
34 min ago