Buckingham Fountain closes for cleaning, winter
October 16, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Buckingham Fountain in Chicago's Grant Park will close on Wednesday for the winter.
The Chicago Park District will drain the fountain, and then crews will begin cleaning the structure.
The fountain, which is in its 85 th season, will reopen in the spring.
- 2 hurt in North Side crash
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- 6 shot at party in Austin 54 min ago
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- PM won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land 39 min ago
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- No consensus on notifying victims of data breaches 8 min ago
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- Japanese jet makes emergency landing in Honolulu
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos