Buckingham Fountain closes for cleaning, winter
October 16, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Buckingham Fountain in Chicago's Grant Park will close on Wednesday for the winter.
The Chicago Park District will drain the fountain, and then crews will begin cleaning the structure.
The fountain, which is in its 85 th season, will reopen in the spring.
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Person drowns in kayak accident on Fox River
- Cardinal George presides over Easter vigil mass
- Blackhawks lose 4-3 in OT to St. Louis Blues
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home