Ramp from inbound Skyway, Dan Ryan local lanes reopened
October 17, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The ramp from the Chicago Skyway to the inbound Dan Ryan local lanes was open again Wednesday.
Crews worked for several hours Tuesday to install support towers on a Metra bridge that crosses over the Ryan and Skyway entrance ramps. The bridge was damaged by construction crews earlier Tuesday.
Drivers are being warned to avoid the Chicago Skyway overnight, but the lanes were reopened at approximately 5 a.m. Wednesday. The local lanes on the Dan Ryan Expressway, which also had been closed, were opened again, as well.
- Winter storm could dump up to 8 inches of snow 1 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court to consider Blagojevich transcripts
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos