Naperville man accused of child porn, videotaping neighborhood children undressing
October 17, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A man accused of child pornography may have also been secretly filming neighborhood children as they undressed in their Naperville homes, according to police.
A man accused of child pornography may have also been secretly filming neighborhood children as they undressed in their Naperville homes, according to police.
Investigators say Renzo Barduagni, 50, recorded at least one video of a girl in his neighborhood and there may be more victims.
After a four-month-long investigation, police arrested Barduagni Friday for possession of child pornography. Police said a search of the house turned up more than 100 images of child pornography on his computer and evidence that he deleted several more.
Barduagni allegedly had been secretly videotaping children in his neighborhood as they were naked or undressing in their bedroom or bathroom.
"I was scared. I was shocked. I have nieces and nephews. A lot of kids, if this was going on for years. My son's friends were here. I am shocked. I am sad and I am shocked," Donna Bertolini, neighbor, said.
Nearby residents fear more children may have been targeted and said they saw police seize cameras including long-range lenses. His home sits across from a school bus stop and neighbors said they have asked the local school district to reroute its buses.
"Investigators have a way of being notified when people are downloading child pornography. And they know [of] this increased activity over four months of him downloading child pornography, and it ultimately conducted a search warrant," Sgt. Lou Cammiso, Naperville Police Department, said.
Barduagni is in the United States on a work visa and immigration officials may get involved. Neighbors said he has been living on that block for 10 years. He is scheduled to be back in court on November 13, police said. He is currently being held on $300,000 bond, charged with five counts of aggravated child pornography and one count of unauthorized videotaping.
local, eric horng
- $590M-plus Powerball: winning ticket sold in Fla
- CPS teachers continue citywide marches
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 52 min ago
- 4 dead, 15 shot in citywide gun violence
- Shots fired, multi-car crash in Hammond Walmart parking lot
- Woman killed, 4 critically injured in Far South Side crash
- Amtrak train from New Orleans to Chicago derails
- Quinn, parents of Newtown victims, speak on gun control
- Toddler found alone on West Side reunited with parents
- Daily Herald: Gender Pay Gap
- 12 arrested after rowdiness reports near Michigan Avenue
- Boy, 12, critically hurt in Little Village shooting
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
52 min ago
- Extensive vandalism devastates South Side...
39 min ago
- CTA Red Line reconstruction officially...
56 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos