Naperville man accused of child porn, videotaping neighborhood children undressing
October 17, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A man accused of child pornography may have also been secretly filming neighborhood children as they undressed in their Naperville homes, according to police.
A man accused of child pornography may have also been secretly filming neighborhood children as they undressed in their Naperville homes, according to police.
Investigators say Renzo Barduagni, 50, recorded at least one video of a girl in his neighborhood and there may be more victims.
After a four-month-long investigation, police arrested Barduagni Friday for possession of child pornography. Police said a search of the house turned up more than 100 images of child pornography on his computer and evidence that he deleted several more.
Barduagni allegedly had been secretly videotaping children in his neighborhood as they were naked or undressing in their bedroom or bathroom.
"I was scared. I was shocked. I have nieces and nephews. A lot of kids, if this was going on for years. My son's friends were here. I am shocked. I am sad and I am shocked," Donna Bertolini, neighbor, said.
Nearby residents fear more children may have been targeted and said they saw police seize cameras including long-range lenses. His home sits across from a school bus stop and neighbors said they have asked the local school district to reroute its buses.
"Investigators have a way of being notified when people are downloading child pornography. And they know [of] this increased activity over four months of him downloading child pornography, and it ultimately conducted a search warrant," Sgt. Lou Cammiso, Naperville Police Department, said.
Barduagni is in the United States on a work visa and immigration officials may get involved. Neighbors said he has been living on that block for 10 years. He is scheduled to be back in court on November 13, police said. He is currently being held on $300,000 bond, charged with five counts of aggravated child pornography and one count of unauthorized videotaping.
local, eric horng
- Man, 20, charged in Boystown sex assault
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire
- Chicago casino plans to be heard at Wednesday hearing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Wicker Park water main break gushes for hours
- Gurnee man sentenced in sex assaults of 2 kids
- Huntley teen charged, allegedly crashed SUV into home
- Truck driver who allegedly molested 11 kids sentenced
- Suit: Wrestler dating ex pushed man down stairs at custody... 55 min ago
- I-Team: Illinois Poison Center hotline's cry for help
- Priest Michael O'Connell reinstated by archdiocese
- Boston bombing remembered 1 year later
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand