1 arrested, more than $500K in marijuana seized in Northwest Side pot bust
October 17, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police have arrested a man on the Northwest Side and seized more than 100 marijuana plants with a street value of over $500,000 in his possession.
A 50-year-old man, of the 3900 block of N. Elston, is charged with one count of felony manufacturing of marijuana, along with weapons violations, police said.
Police also seized two guns and more than $30,000 in cash.
The suspect is expected to appear in bond court Thursday.
- Gunman dead, officer shot in Arlington Heights standoff 25 min ago
- Rod Blagojevich appeal, likely last chance, goes before judges 32 min ago
- Man, 31, pulled from Chicago River near lake 20 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Body of missing Lansing man, 40, found in ditch
- Ex-teacher Amber Kraus pleads not guilty to student sex assault 23 min ago
- Brutal cold continues; more snow coming 20 min ago
- Admitted Chicago terrorist's 'hate mail'
- Mother charged in death of 7-month-old baby
- Man charged after boy allegedly brings gun to Elgin school
- Mariano's holds job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- Kanye West likens job to police work; Ohio chief disagrees 58 min ago
- Affluenza defense nets Ethan Couch probation
- abcnews: More Teens Sought in Mansion Party
- 7 in :77
28 min ago
- Gunman dead, officer shot in Arlington...
25 min ago
- Rod Blagojevich appeal, likely last chance,...
32 min ago