1 arrested, more than $500K in marijuana seized in Northwest Side pot bust
October 17, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police have arrested a man on the Northwest Side and seized more than 100 marijuana plants with a street value of over $500,000 in his possession.
A 50-year-old man, of the 3900 block of N. Elston, is charged with one count of felony manufacturing of marijuana, along with weapons violations, police said.
Police also seized two guns and more than $30,000 in cash.
The suspect is expected to appear in bond court Thursday.
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway 49 min ago
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash on transition ramp on freeway
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago
- Teens help clean up Chicago's beaches
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake