Barricade situation near Gurnee schools prompts lockdown | Man in custody
October 19, 2012 (GURNEE, Ill.) (WLS) -- Some classes were canceled and schools were put on lockdown in north suburban Gurnee after police say a man barricaded himself in a home nearby.
Warren Township High School and River Trail School were affected, with some children being bused to Viking Middle School until the situation was resolved.
It started before the school day began, but police say the situation ended shortly before 11 a.m.
Police say a man fired a gun inside a home and then holed himself up inside the house.
Police say the situation appears to be domestic and the man who fired the gun is under arrest.
The schools that were on lockdown are back to normal operations now.
local, ravi baichwal
- Illinois' pension crisis, by the numbers 26 min ago
- Woman sexually abused in Mayfair park
- Heat beat Spurs in Game 6, tie NBA Finals 40 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Chicago Shooting Count: 8 shot in 9 hours Monday
- CTU president calls for tax changes to fund schools
- Governor, lawmakers plan to form new pension committee
- Most Blackhawks fans believe team will bounce back
- Chicago man creates smartphone safety app
- Supreme Court grants Madigan more time on guns
- Lombard's Los Burritos Mexicanos still closed after E. coli cases
- Bruins beat Blackhawks in NHL finals Game 3
- Car slams into Sauk Village apartment, sleeping couple injured
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
- Illinois' pension crisis, by the numbers
26 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos