Virginia man guilty in Elmhurst wedding assault
October 19, 2012 (ELMHURST, Ill.) (WLS) -- A Virginia man has been found guilty in the attempted sexual assault of a young girl during a suburban wedding reception.
DuPage County prosecutors say 31 year old Preyang Pareek drove from Alexandria Virginia specifically to attend a 2010 wedding in Elmhurst even though he didn't know the bride and groom or any of their guests.
Prosecutors say during the reception at a banquet hall pa-reek used candy to lure a young girl into a room where he attempted to sexually assault her.
He ran away when the victim screamed but was chased down by wedding guests.
- CTU vows not to re-elect mayor over school closings
- Chicago fast food workers protest for higher wages 42 min ago
- Police: Drive safely, buckle up on holiday weekend 51 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Brian Urlacher retires from NFL after career with Chicago Bears
- Census bureau finds Chicago is growing, but slowly
- Northlake man to be sentenced after kids found tied 57 min ago
- Jurors to resume deliberations at Trump trial 55 min ago
- Man sentenced in murder after alleged ad for sex with pregnant... 50 min ago
- Ex-student allegedly threatened Glenbard East HS
- 2 bodies found in car in West Englewood
- Palmer House Hilton up for sale
- Chicago vehicle stickers now on sale
- abcnews: Twitter Beefs Up User Security
- Chicago fast food workers protest for...
42 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos