Identify theft ring busted in Naperville
October 19, 2012 (WLS) -- Police say an international fraud group based out of west suburban Naperville is out of business.
The Naperville Police Department arrested seven people from the state of Georgia.
They are believed to be part of a larger crime group that operates out of Eastern Europe.
Authorities reveal they posted fake ads on Craigslist to commit fraud.
Officials found more than 50 phony wire transfers along with dozens of fake IDs and passports.
All are charged with ID theft and forgery.
- South Loop shooting injures 2
- Boy runs away from attempted kidnapper at Bell
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Ill. House approves gun plan opposed by Quinn 28 min ago
- Evanston HS baseball season ends over sexting
- Ex-CPD officer sentenced in Latin Kings case
- Blackhawks trail Red Wings 3-1 in NHL playoff series
- Aldi parking lot shooting victim may have been set up
- Memorial Day marks start of summer travel season
- Report: Judge to hear CPS school closings case
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number 15 min ago
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO Scolded By 9-Year-Old