Identify theft ring busted in Naperville
October 19, 2012 (WLS) -- Police say an international fraud group based out of west suburban Naperville is out of business.
The Naperville Police Department arrested seven people from the state of Georgia.
They are believed to be part of a larger crime group that operates out of Eastern Europe.
Authorities reveal they posted fake ads on Craigslist to commit fraud.
Officials found more than 50 phony wire transfers along with dozens of fake IDs and passports.
All are charged with ID theft and forgery.
- CTA Red Line shooting injures passenger 4 min ago
- Girl sexually assaulted near Safe Passage route
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Police search for suspect in Valparaiso armed robberies
- Plane lands at O'Hare after reporting mechanical problem
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Reno hospital shooting on campus kills 2, including gunman
- Dart: Concealed carry approval process flawed
- Salvation Army feeds families, seniors in need in Chicago
- abcnews: Dad, Daughter Recreate Wedding Photos