Man, 21, shot to death walking in Austin neighborhood
October 21, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A young Chicago man was shot and killed early Sunday as he walked with relatives in the West Side Austin neighborhood, police said.
The victim has been identified as Denzell Williams, 21.
Chicago police say a man walked up to the group and opened fire at approximately 3:45 a.m. near 64 N. Central Ave.
Williams was shot several times in the chest and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police say they are now searching for the shooter.
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs
- Man shot to death in Logan Square
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Boy, 7, allegedly brings loaded gun to Elgin school 33 min ago
- Metra Rock Island train hits car on South Side 27 min ago
- No re-trial for alleged CPD torture victim Wrice
- Baby who died after being left home alone ID'd
- Indiana schools delayed by cold snap
- Man arrested in shooting of Garfield Park pharmacist
- Coyote attacks on small dogs reported in Wheaton
- Cozmanoff guilty in guard's hit-and-run death
- United Airlines keeps naming rights for United Center
- abcnews: 911 calls in Jameis Winston case