Man, 21, shot to death walking in Austin neighborhood
October 21, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A young Chicago man was shot and killed early Sunday as he walked with relatives in the West Side Austin neighborhood, police said.
The victim has been identified as Denzell Williams, 21.
Chicago police say a man walked up to the group and opened fire at approximately 3:45 a.m. near 64 N. Central Ave.
Williams was shot several times in the chest and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police say they are now searching for the shooter.
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack 35 min ago
- Lawsuit filed against cops accused of lying in court 19 min ago
- Police: KC highway shooting suspect in custody
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 21 min ago
- Huntley votes to ban e-cigarettes in schools
- Man shot in Lincoln Square
- Francis Cardinal George holds Holy Thursday mass
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- Chicago woman owns first Ford Mustang ever sold
- Presidential library in Chicago takes step forward
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos