Man, 21, shot to death walking in Austin neighborhood
October 21, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A young Chicago man was shot and killed early Sunday as he walked with relatives in the West Side Austin neighborhood, police said.
The victim has been identified as Denzell Williams, 21.
Chicago police say a man walked up to the group and opened fire at approximately 3:45 a.m. near 64 N. Central Ave.
Williams was shot several times in the chest and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police say they are now searching for the shooter.
- China: Vietnam detects signal from missing jet
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- ABC7's Ravi Baichwal takes part in dance event
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD