Fire kills Mount Prospect woman
October 21, 2012 (MOUNT PROSPECT, Ill.) (WLS) -- An elderly woman died over the weekend in a fire in the northwest suburbs.
The fire broke out inside a 12-unit building on the 2300-block of South Cannon Drive in Mount Prospect Saturday morning.
Firefighters say they found Kathleen Marrs, 69, in a first-floor unit where a small fire was burning.
The cause of the fire is under investigation, but officials said they did not think it was suspicious.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly 34 min ago
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer 2 min ago