Aurora boy, 15, killed in car crash into home
October 23, 2012 (AURORA, Ill.) (WLS) -- Aurora police are investigating a fatal accident that claimed the life of a 15-year-old boy.
At around 1:43 a.m. Tuesday, Aurora police were called to the scene and Meadows was pronounced dead on the scene.
The driver and three passengers, who were all 15, were northbound on Stonebridge when the driver apparently lost control of the vehicle and traveled through a grassy area striking the house.
Meadows was ejected from the car. The other passengers suffered minor injuries.
No one was injured inside the house.
The driver has not been charged. There was extensive damage to the home.
"The house shook, and immediately someone rang the bell. Some teenagers were running around. We thought it was a Halloween prank," said homeowner Joshila Chandra.
"We're still talking to kids in the car, so we don't, specifically what they were doing at that time, we assume they were joyriding some kind of prank, that's what we assume," said Lt. Pete Inda, Aurora Police Department.
Police don't believe drugs or alcohol were involved in the accident
"None of the kids had driver's licenses, the driver had a permit, but with that you're supposed to be with a parent or licensed driver and none of the kids had licenses," said Inda.
Meadows was a sophomore on the Metea Valley High School football team and a track athlete. His classmates were so affected, many were allowed to simply leave school for the day.
"I talked to him earlier on Friday, he said we're going to go smash pumpkins this weekend. If you want to come, I'll let you know," said Mohsin Ahmed, friend.
"He was one of my best friends. He was one of those people who could always make you smile. He was always there for everyone, no matter what. Even if he was not friends with them, he would always just be there for you," said Kathy Orta, Meadows' friend.
"Devin was the nicest person you could meet in your entire life. Like, he would walk into a room and always had something funny to say. He would always make you laugh, always make you smile. You could not be around him and not have a good time," one classmate said.
local, john garcia
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute 1 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Julius Peppers contract terminated by Chicago Bears
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines under way
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained
- Man writes own, hilarious obituary
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
- 7 in :77
36 min ago
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute
1 min ago