Brookfield Zoo animals fed Halloween pumpkin treats
October 24, 2012 (BROOKFIELD, Ill.) (WLS) -- Animals at Brookfield Zoo were treated to some Halloween pumpkins Wednesday afternoon.
The African lions, sloth bears, meerkats, red river hogs, pygmy hippos, and rhinos seemed to thoroughly enjoy their treats. Some of the pumpkins were carved out and filled with other goodies such as grain, meal worms, meat, raisins, and grapes.
Through the end of the month, many of the zoo's other animals will be getting pumpkins too. This weekend, zoo guests can see the lions and sloth bears receiving pumpkins during the annual Boo! at the Zoo celebration on October 27 and 28.
brookfield zoo, local
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet 13 min ago
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Boston Marathon bombing comment no threat to St. Patrick's Day... 19 min ago
- CTA Green Line briefly interrupted
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Teacher's aide posed as teen to meet girls online
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Lawmakers say DCFS faces 'horrendous' challenges
- Free small business expo begins in Chicago
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD