Brookfield Zoo animals fed Halloween pumpkin treats
October 24, 2012 (BROOKFIELD, Ill.) (WLS) -- Animals at Brookfield Zoo were treated to some Halloween pumpkins Wednesday afternoon.
The African lions, sloth bears, meerkats, red river hogs, pygmy hippos, and rhinos seemed to thoroughly enjoy their treats. Some of the pumpkins were carved out and filled with other goodies such as grain, meal worms, meat, raisins, and grapes.
Through the end of the month, many of the zoo's other animals will be getting pumpkins too. This weekend, zoo guests can see the lions and sloth bears receiving pumpkins during the annual Boo! at the Zoo celebration on October 27 and 28.
brookfield zoo, local
- Boy, 12, killed in hit-and-run in Whiting
- Meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting'
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping
- Chicago boy remembered 1 year after suspicious death
- Lyons residents respond to police cuts
- Kirk introduces stroke research, treatment legislation
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- Tavern shutdown racially motivated, owner says
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos