Brookfield Zoo animals fed Halloween pumpkin treats
October 24, 2012 (BROOKFIELD, Ill.) (WLS) -- Animals at Brookfield Zoo were treated to some Halloween pumpkins Wednesday afternoon.
The African lions, sloth bears, meerkats, red river hogs, pygmy hippos, and rhinos seemed to thoroughly enjoy their treats. Some of the pumpkins were carved out and filled with other goodies such as grain, meal worms, meat, raisins, and grapes.
Through the end of the month, many of the zoo's other animals will be getting pumpkins too. This weekend, zoo guests can see the lions and sloth bears receiving pumpkins during the annual Boo! at the Zoo celebration on October 27 and 28.
brookfield zoo, local
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway 31 min ago
- Woman falls on CTA tracks, rescued by bystanders 33 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border
- New Illinois driving laws in 2014 on speed, electronics 41 min ago
- Report: Centrella may buy Dominick's stores 29 min ago
- Man charged in Rogers Park stabbing 26 min ago
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets
- Free pizza Friday at new Lakeview restaurant 23 min ago
- Cousin of Mass. gov, from Rockford, among 8 getting commutations
- Photos: Target Credit Card Breach: What to do if...
- Pastor defrocked after officiating son's gay marriage
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape 26 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
31 min ago
- Report: Centrella may buy Dominick's stores
29 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos