Chicago area enjoys summer-like weather in October
October 24, 2012 (OAK PARK, Ill.) (WLS) -- It felt like a perfect summer day in the Chicago area on Wednesday with mercury near 80.
While the community is getting ready for Halloween, residents throughout the area were out and about taking advantage of the warm weather.
High temperatures this late in October brought everyone out to enjoy the weather.
Chicago is fortunate to have miles and miles of lakefront and Wednesday turned out to be perfect for bicyclists and joggers, who normally are donned in sweats this time of year.
New mom Lindsay Ross brought her 2-month-old baby boy William to stroll along the lakefront.
"It's a good day to go outside with him and go for a good walk," she said.
Let's not forget those sun tans. The hot weather also encouraged a few to sun bathe and what may be their last chance to bask in the sun.
Outdoor cafes were bustling with people wanting to be outside.
"It's absolutely beautiful today," said Loretta Saponaro. "I've been walking since about 8 o'clock and enjoying it. Everyone should get out today."
It may have been hot in the city, but out in the suburbs it was even warmer. Downtown Oak Park was busy with people shopping, eating and enjoying the day.
local, theresa gutierrez
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer