CPS board meets under Byrd-Bennett's direction
October 24, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Chicago Public School Board met Wednesday for the first time under the direction of a new schools CEO Barbara Byrd-Bennett.Among other items on the agenda, the board is working to adopt a new school operating budget that includes fiscal items agreed to in the new teachers contract, as well as finalizing a calendar for the remainder of the school year.
Byrd-Bennett takes over from Jean-Claude Brizard - who stepped down as CEO earlier this month.
- Snow, cold fail to deter holiday shoppers
- Chicago pastor under investigation for child sex abuse
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 1 dead, several injured in Racine pile-up
- Patients celebrate holidays at Ronald McDonald House
- 2-year-old girl killed by dog on South Side
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident
- FEMA canvassing tornado areas in Central Ill.
- Blackhawks G Crawford leaves game early with injury
- Chicago marks passing of Nelson Mandela
- Bears, Cowboys prepped for frigid Monday game
- Cold weather brings flight delays, cancellations
- abcnews: Man trapped in empty plane at Houston Airport