Chicago weather: 20-degree drop in just 1 hour
October 25, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Fall kicked in with a vengeance Thursday after temperatures plummeted 20 degrees in just one hour.
"The bottom really fell out. We had temperatures in the mid 70s. Cold front rolled through and temperatures dropped about 20 degrees in one hour," said ABC7's Meteorologist Jerry Taft said Thursday. "Cold air pushed it, and it's here to stay."
The high Thursday was 75 and by 10 p.m. it was 46 degrees at O'Hare. That drop from the 70s way down into 50s came between 5 p.m. and 7 p.m.
As if a 20-degree drop isn't enough, the cold-front ushered in rain just in time for the evening commute and President Barack Obama's arrival at O'Hare Airport.
local, jerry taft
- Police chase, standoff closes LSD at Fullerton 13 min ago
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- Daily Herald: Kid Loses Foot In Train Accident
- Photos: St. Patrick's Day in Chicago
- abcnews: Curious Case of L.A.'s Tattooed Ted Cruz...