Chicago weather: 20-degree drop in just 1 hour
October 25, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Fall kicked in with a vengeance Thursday after temperatures plummeted 20 degrees in just one hour.
"The bottom really fell out. We had temperatures in the mid 70s. Cold front rolled through and temperatures dropped about 20 degrees in one hour," said ABC7's Meteorologist Jerry Taft said Thursday. "Cold air pushed it, and it's here to stay."
The high Thursday was 75 and by 10 p.m. it was 46 degrees at O'Hare. That drop from the 70s way down into 50s came between 5 p.m. and 7 p.m.
As if a 20-degree drop isn't enough, the cold-front ushered in rain just in time for the evening commute and President Barack Obama's arrival at O'Hare Airport.
local, jerry taft
- Oklahoma tornado in Moore kills dozens 6 min ago
- Detroit Red Wings beat Chicago Blackhawks 3-1
- I-Team: Expanded gambling in Illinois
- 1st weekday of Red Line Reconstruction
- Photos: Tornadoes hit Oklahoma, Kansas
- Shooting outside Planned Parenthood in Merrillville, Indiana
- 'Pollen tsunami' in Chicago, allergist says
- Governor, Mayor in high-stakes game of Chicago hold 'em
- 87-year-old accusing Trump says, 'Somebody had to stand up to...
- Photos: Milwaukee Pug Fest 2013
- abcnews: 200-Lbs. Bear Pulled From Colorado Springs...
- Oklahoma tornado kills 51
4 min ago