Chicago weather: 20-degree drop in just 1 hour
October 25, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Fall kicked in with a vengeance Thursday after temperatures plummeted 20 degrees in just one hour.
"The bottom really fell out. We had temperatures in the mid 70s. Cold front rolled through and temperatures dropped about 20 degrees in one hour," said ABC7's Meteorologist Jerry Taft said Thursday. "Cold air pushed it, and it's here to stay."
The high Thursday was 75 and by 10 p.m. it was 46 degrees at O'Hare. That drop from the 70s way down into 50s came between 5 p.m. and 7 p.m.
As if a 20-degree drop isn't enough, the cold-front ushered in rain just in time for the evening commute and President Barack Obama's arrival at O'Hare Airport.
local, jerry taft
- Firefighters, cop among 8 injured in South Side fire
- Priest Michael O'Connell reinstated by archdiocese
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Mother questions why Harvey police shot son
- Man shot in Palos Heights home invasion
- Local runners preparing for Boston Marathon
- Suspect sought in Boystown alley sex assault
- Loop bank robbery suspect arrested
- Drunk driver charged with driving 118 mph on I-55
- Police fatally shoot 'vicious' dog on South Side
- Teen smoking sees dramatic drop in Chicago
- Shedd announces female penguin chick's name
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand