Chicago weather: 20-degree drop in just 1 hour
October 25, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Fall kicked in with a vengeance Thursday after temperatures plummeted 20 degrees in just one hour.
"The bottom really fell out. We had temperatures in the mid 70s. Cold front rolled through and temperatures dropped about 20 degrees in one hour," said ABC7's Meteorologist Jerry Taft said Thursday. "Cold air pushed it, and it's here to stay."
The high Thursday was 75 and by 10 p.m. it was 46 degrees at O'Hare. That drop from the 70s way down into 50s came between 5 p.m. and 7 p.m.
As if a 20-degree drop isn't enough, the cold-front ushered in rain just in time for the evening commute and President Barack Obama's arrival at O'Hare Airport.
local, jerry taft
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting 8 min ago
- Chicago art exhibit celebrates food 17 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Siblings becoming guardians of disabled adults
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Feds: Woman caught after 36 years on run 5 min ago
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood...
8 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos