Suspect Walter White accused of shooting 2 boys in Roseland
October 27, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police say they have charged a 19-year-old man in a shooting that injured two boys while they were playing football in the Roseland neighborhood.
Walter White, 19, of Chicago is charged with two counts of aggravated battery and discharged of a firearm.
Two boys, ages 13 and 14, were playing football Thursday afternoon in the Roseland neighborhood when they were hit by gunfire. Authorities say the offender came out of an alledy and started shooting in the direction of the victims.
Police say Andre Rice and Ravon Thompson were innocent victims caught in gang crossfire.
The boys were transported to Christ Hospital with gunshot wounds to the stomach.
There were no updated details on their conditions Saturday.
- McHenry, Lake counties prepare for freezing rain
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Glen Ellyn student accused of assaulting school staff member
- Rev. Al Sharpton holds meeting on Chicago gun violence
- Carol Stream Culver's raises money for child with leukemia
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with family
- Bogus Target charges may not appear for months
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates